Saturday, March 6, 2010

Burn


It's like a fire shut up in my bones
And I'm about to let it go!


If tomorrow never comes
It'll be a day too soon
This regret I've been living with
Will eat me out of house and home
Straight to my core it goes
And burrows deep into my soul

This headache it's been giving me
The light so blinding I can't see
I need a strong hand to hold me up
While I burn my past
I want something that will last


If tomorrow burns away
With ash and soot
My problems will be far behind me
Or at least that's what you told me


But you could have told me
Problems aren't gone with the flick of the wrist
But they are solved with forgiveness


I need a strong hand to hold me up
While I burn my past
Dear God
Oh God give me something that will last...

Tomorrow finally came
And I'm not scared
I've finally found something that lasts
And that's all I need
I've burned my past
Lost all regrets
And all it took was a little forgiveness


I'll live to see a few more years
I'll live my life without fears
And all it took was forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment